Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Proverbs 30

A very observant reader may have noted that I omitted Proverbs 30 in my recent series of collages on that book of the Bible. Not that I have any theological objections to that chapter; it was just that I had forgotten to take a picture of the piece earlier.  So, for what it is worth, here is the missing chapter.

Proverbs 30 (1994) (7" x 5")
collage on canvas board

This chapter by Agur contains lines which sound like they belong in the last chapters of the Book of Job: "Who has ascended to heaven and come down? Who has gathered the wind in the hollow of the hand? Who has wrapped up the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is the person's name? And what is the name of the person's child? Surely you know!"

The main reason I included the signmaker's shop in the collage was because of the second owner's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments