Sunday, January 23, 2022

NAVIGATING THIS SITE

Search Boxes

Since I am now well over 1,400 posts on this site, I figured it was a good time to give some hints on how to maneuver your way around it. The first thing to admit is that it is not really organized at all according to categories and sub-categories. Thus, about the only way you can see if there is a particular biblical subject or passage you are looking for is to use either of the two search boxes on the site. One is located in a small rectangle in the upper left corner of the home page, and the other is found on the left below the “About Me” section. The search engine is very fast and able to even pick up on phrases or words within the body of the posts. However, you may need to scroll through all the screens it identifies before finding exactly what you are looking for.

One additional thing to note is that I always use Roman numerals to identify the books of the Bible and Bible passages. Thus, it is best to search for I Chronicles rather than 1 Chronicles, II Peter rather than 2 Peter, etc.

If all else fails, feel free to send me an email message at elmerphd21@hotmail.com.

Comments

Although this particular site feature used to work, I don't think it does now. So if you have a comment on any post that you wish to share or have me respond to, again contact me at my email address above.

Original Art on this Site

Among my earliest posts are about 300 featuring my art work, mainly based on biblical themes and passages. These are rather hard to locate among all my writing posts on this site. So if you are interested, I would suggest that you can also view most of them by clicking on the link located on the left side of the home page above the “About Me” section. On that site, they are organized into different galleries mainly by the medium employed.

I do have another site, dr2mccoy.com, on which the same pictures, including short explanations of the biblical passage involved, are shown. That particular site has good search capabilities by key words or biblical references.

Explanations of Biblical Subjects on this Site

The large majority of the posts are devoted to explanations of specific biblical passages, whole books of the Bible, or themes within the Bible. Some of these postings originated with Sunday school or small Bible study groups that I have taught, and others were answers given in response to questions that I have been asked over the years.

In addition, some of the posts originally came from various series of lessons that I presented at churches in the evenings. Since the individual posts go under different names, guides to all the posts in this category can be located by searching the appropriate titles below:

    “Bible Interpretation: Lesson Outline”

    “Apologetics: A Study Guide”

    “The Parables: Lesson Guide”

    “Book of Revelation: A Topical Study Guide”

    “Miracles in the Bible: A Lesson Study Guide”

    “Recognizing Bad Bible Interpretations: A Study Outline”

Then there are several series in which whole books of the Bible are discussed from various points of view. These can usually be found by searching the name of the book (X) you are interested in and attaching the prefixes or suffixes below:

    “X: Introduction to the Literary Structure” This series of posts is abstracted from my unpublished book The Structure of Scripture, and each one explains the way that particular book is organized.

    “The Old Testament in X”

    “Notes on X”

    “X: Study Guide Outline”

Lastly, I sometimes survey the whole Bible to see what it has to say on a given theme. These miscellaneous posts go under titles such as “Mutes in the Bible,” “Walls in the Bible,” etc.

If there is any particular subject you would like be to cover in a future post, just drop me a line at my email address and I will attempt to research it for you.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments